Lots going on here! Here’s what we’ve been up to the last couple weeks.
Tim and Rhett patched up the old crappy wall under the windows. They had to grind away all the crumbling mortar, repoint it, fill in any holes, coat it with Drylok, and paint it. Not fun, but it looks a hell of a lot better, plus we now have a cleanable surface behind where our brewing system will be.
Note the shiny new plumbing in that last picture. The plumbing has been moving along, and so has the electrical work. We’ve also got lots of walls being framed, and our firewall is on its way to getting finished up.
It’s pretty chaotic in there now, but it’s really starting to take shape!
We’ve also been making progress on the awful job of making our ceiling not look ugly as hell.
More excitingly, we’ve begun work on the bar! I got to help frame it on Friday. Not sure if I really helped or if I just “helped,” but it was fun nonetheless. Rhett really ran the show here, but I’ll post pictures of myself as if to take all the credit :)
On Saturday we made a ton more progress on the bar. There’s still a lot of work to be done, but it’s looking great so far.
Aside from all that, I’ve been working on less exciting stuff, like permitting for our external sign, finalizing our draft system, alcohol permits, ordering equipment like kegs and sinks, and oodles of paperwork.
This week we’re getting our brewery flooring installed! Plumbing, electrical, walls, and more are all happening at the same time. Lots still to do to prep for our brewing system being delivered next week. Onward!