I’m writing this post more for myself than anything.
We’re currently in the middle of a several week wait for the last piece of our financing. As I mentioned in my last post, we scaled back our grand plans a bit in order to get the last chunk of money we need to get started building out this brewery.
While I really shouldn’t be, I am a ball of nerves. We submitted our new plan a few weeks ago, and while everything really does appear favorable so far, I feel insane with anxiety. Can’t help it.
I know that even if everything goes horribly wrong here, we will get this brewery off the ground. Where there’s a will there’s a way and all that.
Our backup to the backup plan is to start as a nanobrewery with the equipment we have now, since we do currently have enough funds to accomplish at least that. We would operate as a nano until we found the rest of the funding necessary to order the big 10 bbl system. But this would pretty much suck balls. The words “terrifying” and “misery” come to mind. I don’t think it’s going to come to this, but it’s at least good to remind myself that we have a contingency plan.
We still have at least three weeks of waiting left until we have any guarantee. Maybe more. I really don’t know, and that’s the worst part. It’s the not knowing that’s killing me. I’m a bit of a control freak (“a bit” might be an understatement) so this waiting game is pretty much torture for me. Unbearable.
We have a lot of people rooting for us, and I can’t tell you how much that means to us. Having friends and family, and even complete strangers, that have confidence in us is pretty incredible.
Anyway… For those of you following along, we’re still here! And we’re hanging in there.