What’s that saying about shooting for the moon and landing among the stars… Yeah that’s pretty much what’s happening here.
We had a pretty crappy setback recently that we’re currently working through. Without going into the details (because frankly it would be too painful to relive the whole experience again), a large chunk of our financing put the kibosh on our building renovation plan. We had some pretty lofty plans for our space. Apparently too lofty.
So we shot for the moon and missed, but we’ll still be able to land among the stars, or maybe just on some really cool little planet where we brew beer and people buy it from us.
Anyway, we spent over a week completely revamping and scaling back our renovation plan for 144 Coxe. The good news is, we’re actually incredibly happy with Plan B. In fact, I wish we had just started out with Plan B in the first place. It’s a much more simplified, easier to achieve renovation plan, leaving room for us to make the fancy additions we wanted in the future. It’s smarter and safer, and we’re pretty freakin excited about it. It’s going to involve a crap ton of DIY projects and long hours on our part, so we’re really going to be pouring our hearts out into this project.
Our interior architect (who also happens to be my best friend) did some renderings of our proposed taproom. She whipped this up in a few hours. She’s awesome. So here’s a little glimpse into our vision for the brewery!
We were really excited that she was able to create these renderings for us. It’s so cool to have a visual of the floor plan that we’ve been toiling over.
I have a feeling that this setback will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. We’re feeling really confident about our new plan. Plus, since we’ll be taking a phased approach to growing into our space, there will always be something new and exciting happening at Twin Leaf. We’ll continually be adding awesome stuff to the place to keep you all on your toes!
This setback does unfortunately push our expected opening out a bit later. We were shooting for the end of 2013, but that’s no longer possible. The brewing system we’re getting has a six month lead time, and we’re not placing our order until we’ve got our startup costs completely 100% funded. So at this point we’re looking at opening sometime around spring 2014.
Anyway, we’ve submitted our new plan to the powers that be and are awaiting their response. If everything goes well, we’ll have all of our financing in order and we’ll finally be able to physically get started on this project. Everyone send good vibes this way please.